Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday 07.09.2012

Whew, what a day!!

What looked like a "nice" day turned into the madhouse. It seemed that, within an hour or two this afternoon, labor and delivery was full and overflowing. We, on post partum, called in our on-call people to help absorb the patients that came to us, from labor and delivery, from surgery, and a couple of direct admits. By the end of the shift the frenzy had slowed just a bit, and we were happy to let the next shift take over.

And I was happy, because I am now officially "on vacation", although I have a meeting tomorrow that I will attend, and another on Thursday that I'll  "attend"  while at The Lake.

I did the load of laundry and got those things packed, as well as most of the other stuff. I'm pretty much ready to go.

After the meeting tomorrow, I come home and get the refrigerated stuff and finish loading the van, and go to my Leaahhh appointment. From there I'm off to Flushing to stay the night with the Faix girls (A. Lois and Diane). Wednesday, I'm accompanying D to a procedure intended to alleviate the pain she's been having. And if all goes well, I'll go on up to the JC Wednesday afternoon/evening.

I'm tired tonight, and hope to sleep restfully.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment