Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday/Saturday 07.13-14.2012

Internet has been spotty--don't quite "get" why... could try changing the modem???

Friday was a good day. Hot and still. Jim, Polly, Anne, Aaron, Jacob, and I went to the Bear's Den for supper. Yummy.

Diane arrived at the JC about 7:30 pm.

We enjoyed a quiet evening in the Bug Free Zone. Ahh.

Saturday was another hot day.  Jim, Aaron, and Jacob walked down, (the boat waxing team) and we got the speedboat ready to launch. A successful test-fire in the garage (Yippee!!), Polly arrived, and we all piled into the van, into town to top off the gas tank, and over to the launch.

The boat floated off of the trailer, I fired it up (nothing like the blub blub of an I/O) and we were happily putzing on the lake.  Well, until the engine warmed up.

I asked the passengers if they were ready to go, I "hit it", the motor responded, and I saw smiles all around. I think mine might have been the biggest. Thank you, God. I love my boat...

Back at the dock we got the tie-downs screwed into the lake (thanks, Jim) and the crew went home for lunch. We did good--10:15 to 12:30--waxed, launched, and moored. THANKS, ALL!!

After lunch was playtime.

Jacob attempted to waterski with Grandpa in the water to assist. He's basically up--he'll go for a ride the next time he tries, and Grandpa ski-ed to demonstrate how it's done. Good job, Jim.

Jim the Younger and Kris and Arianna arrived mid afternoon or so. It was so hot we had to take a siesta. I put together a rhubarb crisp (yum), and after supper, the group came to the JC and we went out on the boat again.  JtY waterskiied and took a face-smacker, turning his eye orbit a lovely shade of pink. And a small laceration on his shin that created a small watery red trickle. Scared me; he says he's ok, but geez....

We regrouped after going in to ice Jim's eye, and all went to the GC.  Kris had her guitar and her lovely voice. It was so nice to share the evening with them.  As well as the rhubarb crisp.

Sunday I hope to get Jacob behind the boat again; I'm not sure what their departure plans are.

I'm feeling good, too. Its' so good for me to be here.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment