Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday 10.12.2011

Uncle Wayne's funeral today. Very nice. As I was singing "On Eagle's Wings" I remembered that we sang that at Mom's funeral. I was kind of out of it then, as it was just before my last chemo treatment. So I sang for Mom, and for Uncle Wayne. May you both Rest in Peace.

I also realized that it was the first funeral I had been to since Mom's. And I had a "moment". As I recognized it, I took a breath and honored it, and was better. Thank you God.

The darn thing about funerals is that it is always so good to see everybody.

From Flint, I went on my way up to the JC. High 50's and a steady light wind, oddly overcast with just a bit of light coming through. I am surprised at how many leaves have dropped since Sunday. Some trees are completely bare!

I happened to look out the window, and saw a bird swooping out front. It looked like it had something dangling from it's legs. I looked again--it did--it had a big fish--it was an eagle! And it swooped right into the tree in front of the house!!! I had changed clothes, so I put my shoes on and quietly went out the back door. I didn't see it in the pine tree--it flew out of the oak tree. Wow!! So cool!!!

I also came across a mostly-eaten corn kernel, on one of the recliner seats. I took a flashlight and looked for holes and openings inside the house. The access board to the bathtub plumbing in a bedroom closet was off. I didn't see any obvious openings there, but I put the board back over the space and closed the closet doors tightly. Beyond that, I don't know where the creatures might be coming in. Daniel had the suggestion of putting the chipmunk bucket inside when I leave.... might be a good idea....

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.
    I know that must have been hard after losing your Mom too (((hugs)))

    Sorry I haven't been around , but my first chemo knocked me for a loop. My Dr put me back on steroids at day 11 after...and I feel like a new person now..and am trying to catch up on my bloggie friends
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete