Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday 10.08.2011

What a great day today!!

I slept really well last night, waking about 0530, getting up and starting the day.

I was on the road by 8. A safe drive, thank you God, arriving at the JC about 11.

Beautiful, sunny, blue-sky day, high 60's getting to 78 degrees today!!

After unloading the car and walking around the house, I notice activity down by the GC, or at Anne's. As I was walking down there, Polly called--she and Jim were getting ready to leave the GC. I joined them for lunch and we had a nice visit. I was also happy to see and hug Anne, as her people are here to get her back to southern Ohio for the winter. Have a great winter, Anne. I'll be thinking of you.

I got the screen room taken down and put away. Boo Hoo. But I'd much rather do it on a 78 degree day than on a 40 degree, windy, rainy day.

When I put my pillow on the bed in the front bedroom, I removed the pillows that were on there. What's that--?? 3 kernels of corn, and a sunflower kernel. Tucked under the pillow. Great. (I had to smile, though. The creatures miss me...) Then I noticed the metal cover of the vent pipe for the wood stove was ajar. Aha--I put that back in place, and will look for a more secure covering for that tomorrow. I put new "wedges" of D-con pellets in the house and garage to keep the mice at bay, and sprayed the exterior of both buildings to keep the spiders and other bugs out.

It was close to sunset, but still low 70's--I enjoyed a fire, watching it get dark and the moonlight taking over for the sun. So awesome. Thank you God, for letting me be here.

I have to go back home tomorrow, but I'm ok with that. I sure had a good day today.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment