Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday 07.16.2011

What a great day today!!

I woke about 0730, wanting to finish my sleep, but also wanting to be able to go for a jog. The temps were already in the low 70's, and was forecast to be high 80's.

So I got up and went out. And it was really warm.

When I got back, it took a while to cool off. I sat out on the deck for a while, then came in and had breakfast. I was back outside enjoying the last of my coffee, thinking that I needed to shower. And then Tom and KS motored over, asking if I wanted to go for a boat ride.

Sure!!

We went around the east half of the lake, and he showed me where the weeds are, and the buoys for the beetles. Wow. There are a lot of weeds in this lake. We're all hoping that the milfoil weed treatment works.

They dropped me back at the JC, and I went in and showered.

Frank was busy today. He finished wire-brushing our metal lawn chairs, then waxed the speedboat, getting that ready to put in the water.

We had just finished eating a wonderful salad when his friend John showed up.

We had a nice visit, and just as we were going to pull the boat out of the garage, KS showed up, then Tom. They stopped by on their way home. *sad face*

Frank, John, and I got the boat launched and back to the dock, where Frank and John put the screw-in anchors in. Thanks, guys!

Now the JC looks like summer. Screen room on the deck, boat at the dock. Oh, yeah.

The evening went by. The guys went out for food; I enjoyed the deck, reading.

When they came back, they told me there was a squirrel in the chipmunk bucket. Yup. So now we've gotten 3 chipmunks, a mouse, and a squirrel.

John decided to go back home tonight, as it is going to be so hot tomorrow.

It's warm tonight--still mid-70's. I had the a/c on for a bit, but turned it off. Frank and I sat outside in the skeeter-free environment, watched it get dark, watched the bats swerving to catch their bugs, and watched the orange moon rise. Awesome.

Thank you God, for this day.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment