Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday 02.09.2011

What a beautiful day it was today!!

I got my business taken care of first thing, and headed north to pick up KS, and from there went on to The Lake, stopping in Rose City for lunch.

There was no way we were getting in the driveway. There was about 2 feet of snow, with drifts to maybe 3+ feet. We parked at the neighbor's, stopping in their garage to add our "snow" clothing before trudging on up to the JC.

Wow.

I opened the back door, and it was very nice in there, meaning we didn't see our breath. The new furnace works! I putzed around, putting the furniture back in place, and KS helped me. The house warmed in less than 15 minutes. We got ready to go for a walk.

The snow was fun, but took lots of effort, to walk around in. We got out on the lake, and sometimes our feet would sink, and almost stick, like in the mud. When we looked at our footsteps, there was water. What?!??! Ack--I know that it's been cold enough that the ice is safe, and there were vehicle tracks out there, but this was weird. Neither KS or myself were wanting to fall into that very cold water, so we trudged back to shore. Very strange.

We went in to warm up and gather our things to leave. I shut off both furnaces, leaving the electric space heaters on. When I checked the propane pig we were almost out, and I didn't want to run out. I hear that running out of propane is a problem.

Bob and Evelyn had gotten home, flagging us to come in. We did, and had a pleasant, short, visit. They said that there is a layer of slush on top of the ice about 6 inches, I think they said, and then the snowstorm hit, so the slush is sandwiched between the ice layer and the fluffy snow layer. Very strange.

We had a safe drive home, thank you God, and I visited with Tom and KS a short bit before continuing home. Just as I was exiting the highway, the check engine light came on. I checked what fluids I could, and they were ok, so I'll have to figure out a way to get the car somewhere to have it looked at. *sigh*

Tomorrow is a workday for both Dan and I. Of course he's long to bed, and I'm on my way.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment