Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday 10.26.2009

Short night/long night. Not much sleep, listening to snoring. The radio came on this morning when I had just finally gone to sleep. I woke and turned it off, but didn't get up. I know that I did this. I didn't expect my eyes to stay closed. Almost 10 minutes later Daniel woke me, saying I was sound asleep. That's why I have to get up when the alarm goes off...

We each left for work. I arrived safely to Jackson in the dark, thank you God, and the shuttle was there in the parking lot waiting. We got a ride over to the front door.

We had a nice day, and looked like we might even staff down. We never got the opportunity to consider it much further. An increasing number of women coming to labor and delivery, with a couple of admissions on The Unit, and a couple of deliveries, ensured that our census was going back up. Yup, it's a workday, and we had a good group with a good crew.

Daniel was able to leave his job early today. That was a nice change for him. He stopped in Jackson and traded vehicles with me, so he could take the G6 to the body shop for an estimate. I received the fax with the proposed work--total cost, $123.55. I called them and planned for Wednesday if the mirror arrives, Friday if not.

I drove the Honda Insight home, took my things inside, got the keys for the G6, and went to CVS to pick up my prescriptions. I waited in line; every customer seemed to have a need, not just a simple transaction. And when it was my turn, only one of my two meds was ready. I asked about the other one; she took the time to look it up, resolving whatever had happened. She went and filled that other med, and I paid and left after thanking her for her patience and kindness. She had a weary smile, looking at the 5 or so customers behind me to pick up medicine.

A family of 3 were in the store, each with a mask on, but pulled down around their necks. And one of them was hacking away. I hope I didn't get too near their bugs.

Back at home, Dan and I visited briefly. He's pretty tired tonight, and went off to bed. I am, too. I hope I sleep better.

Tomorrow is a workday for me, and a rest day for Daniel.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment