Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday 10.30.2009

I finally slept last night (as much as I do), and felt rested when I woke. I was dreaming that I was in the water getting ready to water ski, with the boat in front of me. I heard the boat take off, and I ski-ed out of my dream. But I could still hear the boat. What was that noise. Wait--what is that noise?? Loud and constant droning. Daniel was up, it was after 9 o'clock. He comes into the bedroom to say that there is a carpet cleaning van out front. Whew. Isn't it odd how dreams intersect with reality??

I breakfasted and got ready for the day. My phone rang--it's the body shop saying the car is done and offered to come get me. Ok. The guy was here in just a few minutes.

The car looks good. All the streaks along the side wheeled out and disappeared. The owner, Dave, showed me that the front edge of the base of the mirror isn't quite flush with the body of the car, probably because the steel of the door moved a little with the force. And that might cause a little wind noise. He said to "just bring it back" and it will be adjusted as necessary. $123.55 for what could have been a really ugly wreck. I'm happy.

Dan came down to the garage when I got back with the car, and we looked at it together. Yep, good job. However, the top corner of the window of the door looks like it doesn't seat against the rubber. I hope it's just an adjustment of the door hinges...

It's rainy and windy. Dan looks at the weather map and sees that there is a break in the rain, and during that break, we went to Frandor Mall to a sewing machine shop to take my circa 1970's Kenmore free-arm sewing machine in for a cleaning and a tune-up. Also, the "tire" (that's what the lady called it) that engages the bobbin winder has disintegrated and needs replaced. And all that disintegrated rubber is in the machine. Eww.

It started sprinkling again an the way back home, and has been rainy and extremely windy gusty the remainder of the evening.

Tomorrow we both work.

My left ear has stayed open, and the right one is trying. It's better, but not all the way.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment