Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday 06.03.2009

What a day! I feel like I slept hard from about 12:30 to 3:30 ish, then dozed until Daniel got up about 5. I thought sure I would get another “quality” bit of sleep after he left at 6, but my mind was busy thinking of the things do and in what order to do them. I got up at 0620.

I started getting things together, checking the lists I had made. After breakfast, I did a quick glance at the email before turning off the computer and packing it. The sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky—I decided that it was important to me to take care of my physical fitness and got ready for a jog.

Lovely. I had a nice jog, met and visited with a neighbor as I was cooling down by our building, then came in and showered.

Now I can finish getting ready to go.

Packed, loaded, hungry again. I made a sandwich to eat on the road, fixed a coffee to go, and I was off. 11:20. First stop Meijer.

I made the exchange I needed to do, picked up a couple of items to bring with me, and was on my way.

Now, there’s construction in Lansing. (Isn’t there construction all over??) I used the GPS thing to guide me around and get me to the highway. I had some idea of where I was going, but not enough to get there myself. Anyway, I think the thing took me the long way. It was a half hour to get through town.

Finally on the expressway at 12:30.

Driving was good, and I arrived at the Jacque Cabin about 3:30 pm. It was sunny, breezy, and high 50’s. I was just getting the last thing out of the car when Tom and Kathy Sue pulled in.

We looked the car over (I had the Pontiac G6), then went inside to check Daniel’s internet antenna project.

We couldn’t get it to work, unfortunately. Daniel will have to get us fixed up himself.

We visited a bit. I washed the wall where the curtains were from and KS helped me put the living room curtains back up that I had laundered. Much better.

They left. I fixed my supper, and as I was just finishing, KS was back by herself. We had a nice walk and talk, then she went on back to the Goodwin Cottage.

I wrote here.

The lake is quieting down, turning into mirror. The moon is coming into full and will be very bright tonight. It’s also predicted to be cold; mid 30’s.

Tomorrow I plan to clean and wax the speedboat. Beyond that, I don’t know.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment