Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday 06.06.2009

Today is the first day of being one full year out of treatment. My last radiation treatment was June 5, 2008, and this past year has been filled with recovery and introspect. I'll never be the person I was B.C. (before cancer), but none of us are the same as we were yesterday. Change is inevitible; the awarenesses I've experienced have been gifts that I strive to share every day. A kind word, a hug, or listening, or even just a look. Kindness, I think, is foremost.

I worked today. I slept fairly well last night after going to bed, and this morning I took a sudafed along with the tylenol and motrin before leaving for work. I couldn't be sneezing and dripping while working with the patients. And it worked. I didn't need to use any more sudafed today, though I did have another dose of the tylenol/motrin later this afternoon.

We had a good workday with wonderful patients. We ended up moving staff around between the units as the census shifted, but it was still ok.

Dan had wanted to get groceries together after golfing in Jackson this afternoon, but he wasn't done when I left the hospital, so I went by myself. It worked out--he was home just minutes before me, helped unload, then we took the Sebring back to the repair shop for an adjustment on the door.

That's about it. It's raining some now.

I'm ready for bed, it's after 10.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment