Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday 06.013.2009

Sleeping at intervals, waking to the unfamiliarly familiar noises here. The leaves in the trees rustle with the lake a mirror, and sometimes a splash, as well as bats and other nightsounds. What kind of animal is doing that?

I go back to sleep. Next it’s daybreak, with the bird noises. I watch the lake, thank God for this moment, and go back to sleep.

I wake for the day close to 10:00. Now I feel rested.

Putzing around, I have breakfast, and the weekenders are beginning to come out onto the water. Pontoons, jet skis. I decide to go for a ride in the paddleboat before getting into today’s project.

First I had to wipe it out of the dirt, cobwebs, and spiders that had moved in over the winter. That done, I put the cushion in and shoved off. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the water, and the motion of the waves was a bit odd. It came right back to me, though, and soon I found myself relaxing and enjoying the ride.

When I came back in, I had been out about 45 minutes. Lovely.

On to the project.

I went out to the garage and got the speedboat uncovered. Today I cleaned the interior of the boat. I was surprised at how dirty it was, even with it having been covered. I’m sure I cleaned it before putting it away in the fall of 2001. But, from then until now is a long time to be in storage…

I took a couple breaks throughout the afternoon, but finally finished vacuuming and washing and putting Armor All on it. I still have to put the lifejackets away in the side pockets, and polish the glass. It’s looking good, though.

And I’m pretty sore.

Tomorrow I’ll finish the boat project, clean the cabin, visit a couple people, and head home.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment