Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday 06.22.2009 Bonus!

The radio came on this morning, and just as I was reaching to turn it off, my phone rang. "On Call," she said. Yippee!!

I'm going to censor myself. I know that I probably shouldn't be so happy to not go in to work. But I go in every scheduled day, and have for the past 26 years. Sick kid, summer, school events, minimal vacation, you get the idea. And I'm truly blessed that our financial situation is such that being on call every so often is ok. Now, losing 2 days a pay, or 24 hours or more (as sometimes happens to other shifts/other units) would certainly be a hardship. More about the financial stuff in a minute...

I went back to sleep, keeping half an ear open for Dan's alarm. (He sets his phone for 0500, and it's not been reliable) I woke at 5:20. "Honey, it's 5:20...") He got up and checked the phone, verifying that it was set. He thinks it went off; I'm very surprised that neither one of us heard it.

Anyway, he got on his way while I went back to sleep.

I woke at 8:30. Lovely. I got up and remembered I had a meeting today at the J.O.B. at 11:00. I was drawn to my new piano and went in and played for a bit. It's slowly coming back to me, somewhat. I realized I hadn't had breakfast yet, so I did that and got myself ready to go.

Definitely a top down day. Wow, was it beautiful. 78-79 degrees and sunny. I got to the meeting, and afterward, checked on the unit to see if I would be needed. Nope. Ok, I said, but don't hesitate to call me if you do...

I stopped at the insurance company in Mason to finish up the crash stuff from the Sebring. Linda came out and gushed appropriately at the G6. It really is a pretty car. (I know, it's just a car.)

Back home I fixed my lunch--I toasted some walnuts (roasted?), cut up lettuce and other veggies, and chicken, added dried cherries for a cherry chicken salad. Yum.

I was trying to eat that when Daniel called to say he was on the way home. We were chatting a bit when he was interrupted by a call, then another call from the same number. He thought he'd better see what it was, so we ended our call.

He called me back a few minutes later, saying it was the fraud department at one of our credit cards, questioning some charges that were made on Sunday. I told him that I had used that card, and what it was for. Ok, he said, I told them the charges were ours.

I got to thinking that the numbers weren't the amounts that I had charged, and I found one of the receipts, and wrote the other 2 amounts down. When Dan got home, I showed him those numbers. Hm, that's not the same... He was subbing for someone in a golf league, so he took that stuff with him and called the fraud department again.

Good call--the charges, 3 in all, originated in Great Britain! The guy immediately canceled that card number, re-issuing cards with new numbers that we should receive in a week to ten days. Wow. We don't know how that credit card number was obtained, but sure glad the fraud department is watching. It's kind of creepy, and of course we'll be watching our other accounts.

While Dan was golfing, I got things organized and packed to go to the lake tomorrow night after work. I'll just need to gather the items out of the refrigerator (I cleaned and cut veggies and fruit) and add the "daily" things to my bag, then load the car and be on our way.

I was out on the balcony tending the flowers when he got back. I got so hot out there I was dripping. Attractive.

So when I finished, I came in and showered again. I finished putzing around and wrote here. I am still so hot; even though the central air is on, I also have a fan blowing my way. Ugh.

Tomorrow I work, but it will be fine, as I have Long Lake to look forward to. I hope that Daniel gets the internet thing figured out up there so I'll be able to post more conveniently.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment