Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday 6.11.2008

Wednesday June 11, 2008

Yesterday, after coming back to the cabin, I did some food prep, had a bite to eat, then tried to massage my underarm and chest to help move the fluid. I did move some, and my underarm felt a little better, but there’s still fluid there.

The grass eventually dried some, and I went outdoors to tackle the brush pile. I got it about 2/3 cut and burned when another rain shower blew in. This one didn’t last very long, and after about a half hour, I went back out and finished it. Raked, the small stuff burnt, the kindling stacked, and the bigger stuff stacked for someone else to cut. Woo Hoo!! I did it!! I think I had to feel like I could contribute, and that I could complete a project. And I did.

I came in and showered, and while drying off, my areola wiped off. What??!! I looked at the nipple. There were dark brown lines, like eraser pieces, rolling up. Eww. Of course I kept at it. It didn’t hurt or anything, just a little tender. The whole brown skin of the areola wiped off. The skin under it is smooth pink. And the dye stain and the incision wiped off, too. The dye stain can stay gone. The incision looks good, a white line. It’s puckered right now because of the fluid. But after Ike does a treatment it’s almost flat. The end of the nipple is still intact, but is hard and smooth, almost like a crust. I put silvadene and aquaphor on the nipple and areola, and aloe vera/elta cream on the rest of the radiated field. This whole thing is very strange.

I had a bite to eat, then went to bed.

This morning, I took pictures. As I was moving them onto the computer, the computer found an internet connection!! I don’t know how long it will last, but right now, it’s on. (Those pics can be seen at the picture blog, www.kathyjean.blogspot.com , or that specific page is http://kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com/2008/06/06102008-areola-wipe-off.html .

Today I’ll get the cobwebs down, and enjoy the rest of my time here. Tomorrow, I pack up, clean up, and leave.

Thank you all for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Kathy! Just catching up - our internet, cable and home phones have been out since Sunday's storms. YIPPEEEE, WHOO HOOOOOOO, WAY TO GO! All done! you are AMAZING, I am so proud of you. Your strength and grace throughout this process is an inspiration to all of us. Now we can focus our colors on healing the skin and keeping those mutant cells gone for good! I hope the lake was calming and restorative. Love and hugs, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    I'm just catching up too. (Sorry about that.) Wow and good for you! I'm amazed that you have accomplished so much at the cottage. That must have felt good inside. (I just hope that you don't over do it. Ya know?)
    I'm also glad to hear that you are up at the lake taking a little Vay-K. That was so cool to hear about your "surprise party" with your brothers and sister-in-laws. Thanks for sharing that here. Have a safe trip home.
    Praying as always that you continue to heal quickly.
    Love ya bunches, cuz'.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete