Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday 6.7.2008

Saturday June 7, 2008

(I was unable to post last night—couldn’t get an internet connection)

I had an interrupted sleep, but not because I was so hot I couldn’t breathe. I think I was having a little of the “aura” that woke me, and then I was just warm. That was a good thing. I guess I didn’t realize just how much that inner heat was bothering me.

I finally got out of bed about 0730, and got myself ready for the day. After breakfast, I put together a rhubarb cobbler with rhubarb harvested from the back yard. While that was baking, I got the vacuum out, and gave the floors a good going over, the first since last November, when our plans were changed with The Diagnosis.

Daniel had gone into town to fill the propane tank so we could cook today, and he got back just before the cobblers came out of the oven. We continued to spiff the place up for our company; I swept the deck and put the furniture cushions out, and he and I moved the grill into place. I had just started cutting the veggies to add to my salad when our guests started to arrive.

Kathy Sue, Tom, Dave, Catherine, Polly, Jim, neighbor Ann, KS’ parents Keith and Mary all showed up within 10 minutes. Hugs, smiles, and not-so-dry eyes from my brothers and sisters-in-law and friends. I am truly blessed to have these people in my world who love me. And I love them, too.

We visited, and Dan fired up the grill. KS & T brought their burgers –n-buns and a wonderful apple salad. J & P brought their dogs-n-buns and yummy potato salad. Dave and Catherine brought their sandwiches. K & M brought their burgers, some more forks, and napkins. Some folks brought their plates, too. Daniel cooked for everyone, including our pork steaks, and I made tuna pasta salad. Ann was invited to join us. Everyone brought their beverages, too, which made it easy.

We girls got the table ready with the salads and condiments and plates and such, and the boys were out on the deck. When the meat was done, we lined up to eat. Yum. Good food, good company. At the lake. What a gift. When we were ready for dessert, we sang Happy Birthday to Catherine, whose birthday was yesterday. I found an appropriate candle and placed it on one of the cobblers.

We migrated outside and inside. Did I say it was 85 degrees? The shaded deck was pleasant, and the air conditioned cabin was comfortable, too.

About 4:00 or so, they left. More hugs. (KS and P had washed up the dishes, while everyone took care of what they brought) Daniel’s sunburn was bothering him, and he stretched back in the recliner. I was ready for a rest, and I went out on the deck and laid on the glider, listening to the sounds of the lake. I think I dozed; it was an hour when I went back inside. I had also taken a whole tablet of the 37.5 mg Effexor. I don’t think my head was as affected as the last couple of days, but I didn’t say much, and didn’t have to do much, either.

Daniel woke up, too, (or maybe I woke him up when I came in for a biologic break). He found some peroxide in the bathroom, and asked if we could put the half strength soaks on his back. I fixed him up, then made myself a sandwich.

There was a knock at the door—a guy named Warren, from across the lake. He had seen us in the restaurant last night, and stopped by. It seems that he and Daniel hung out together “back in the day”. They visited a bit, and he left.

Daniel’s watching a movie, I wrote here. I’ll go up to the local establishment parking lot and catch the internet and post this.

It became overcast about 6 o’clock tonight, but it’s still 80 degrees at 9 pm with not much of a breeze.

My breast is sore, the nipple is still very swollen, and starting to peel. The underside of the breast is healing. I took pictures today, but probably won’t be able to post them until I get back home, Thursday or Friday.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and continuing to support me. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kathy & Dan for such a great afternoon at the lake. It was such a wonderful day!

    KJ, you enjoy your week at the lake full of relaxation, reflection and warm fuzzy memories. You never know, mom may be back to show off her beautiful wings like she did yesterday.

    Lots of Love,
    Kathy Sue & Tom

    ReplyDelete