Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday 6.28.2008

This morning I woke feeling mostly rested. I enjoyed the morning, then got ready for the day.

I went to Michigan Center for my haircut. Lauretta was surprised again at how thick my hair is coming back, and wavy, too, she says. We talked about the waves, and the "wings" that had developed along the sides. She cut the sides pretty good and trimmed the tips of the top. It feels ok, and she usually does a good job. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

After scheduling my next appointment, I went over to Frank's and John's house. John had surgery again this week. As far as I can understand the story, somehow both the arm and leg casts were removed, and he was told to shower. It was the first full shower he had had since the accident in April. He said he was in there for about an hour. He was smiling the whole time he was telling me. Then he had surgery, maybe Tuesday, where they did a bone graft to his lower leg. The suprapubic catheter was also removed. He was discharged after proving that "all systems were go", and that he could use crutches with toe-touching allowed. His physical therapy includes exercises to get his knee to flex, and something about his thumb.

Amber's cast is off, too, and she has regained almost all of the mobility of her fingers, with little pain.

I hugged each of them, and Frank and I visited for a bit in his room. He showed me his 3-D computer game with the glasses. I have to say, it is pretty cool. Frank said he was hungry, so we went out to eat. We enjoyed each other's company. I took him back home to get on with his afternoon, and I went on home myself.

Daniel and I visited a bit, and Daniel was hungry, and waiting for me to get home to go to dinner. (Oops--good thing I only had a salad, and I didn't eat it much of it.) He was kind enough to wait a little before we went out. I had a small soup and felt like I had had enough to eat.

Back home, I checked the computer, then went out on the balcony. There were dark clouds overhead and the wind started blowing. It only rained enough to make the dust stick, so I went back out and watered the plants. While I was outside, the most incredible rainbow developed. The rainbow developed into an entire arc from south to north in the eastern sky, almost right before my eyes. I do believe God and the angels were sending a message, of peace and wellness.

I came inside and wrote here.

Tomorrow, Daniel wants to golf, and I don't have plans as yet.

My breast is still itchy and peeling, and although the hot flashes are somewhat reduced in intensity and frequency, they still happen often enough to be annoying and disruptive. I also think that in this 4 weeks without "big" medicine, today I feel more like my "normal self, the first time since November 2007. July 1, though, I start the Tamoxifen, which I will take daily for the next 5 years. I hope the side effects are minimal to none.

I'm off to bed. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    Just got caught up again with your blog. sounds like you are doing well and we are glad to hear that. I noticed that we were on your list of people who can attend your party, but unfortunately we can not. Catherine marked the wrong box by accident. We are bummed that we can not share that with you, cause it sure would be nice to see everyone. The sun is shinning here and it looks like it is going to be a nice day. Hope that it is there as well and that you are able to enjoy it. Take care and we love you sis...

    Dace & Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hair Bear,,,,what a head full of hair you have Mrs. J,,,,wowza !!!!

    Hope you had time today to let the sun shine on your beautiful face and soak into your bones.

    Peace & Pears,,

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete