Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday 5.14.2008

Radiation Treatment #15

This morning I woke about 0530, used the restroom while I was "hot", and went back to bed after cooling off. The alarm (radio) let me know it was time to get up.

I did, and got myself ready for The Appointment. I arrived, changed into a gown, and waited to be called. I went over to the puzzle; another woman joined me. She was picking at it when Lisa called me. "Katherine, come on back." She walks very quickly and goes into the control room, and Ron helps me onto the table. Lisa comes out, and the both of them get me lined up. They leave the room.

The machine moves into its position, click, zap. That arm on the right side looks really close today. Ron comes out to put the plate thing on the arm, and I mention that it looked pretty close. He said that's how it always is... Oh, I guess I hadn't noticed. The arm positions over on the left side,click, zap, done. Ron comes out to put the table down and help me off of the table. "Wednesday's treatment done," he says. Yep, see you tomorrow.

I go out and change back into my clothes. In the car, I head home. I stopped at a Family Dollar looking for a new hummingbird feeder. They had one, but it would most likely leak more than the one we have. Further down the road is a Dollar Tree store, and they didn't have one at all. Then I stopped at Meijer and picked up a sale paper.

Back home, Daniel was up, fooling around on the computer. We had a quiet morning, and we went out grocery shopping in the afternoon. Just before we left, I got really nauseated. Like, you know, swallowing and stuff to make it ease up. It didn't really feel like I was going to throw up, just really nauseated. Whew. I took a little bit of Diet Pepsi with me to sip on. It eased up some, but never really went away. I didn't feel good both in my stomach and in my head, kind of woozy. I got through the store and back home. We put the groceries away, and I sat back on the sofa and rested. I took a couple of tylenol and a couple of motrin (well, acetaminophen and ibuprofen) because my breast was hurting, too. Hm. Hope this doesn't happen too often.

Daniel fixed most of the supper, I did the veggies, and we ate. (I told him if I was by myself I wouldn't be eating) I felt a little better after supper, and went in and showered.

I'm still just a bit queasy, and if it continues, I suppose I'll have to take a compazine or zofran or something. I'm writing here, and I'll be going to bed soon.

Tomorrow is radiation, physical therapy, and I was asked if I could work tomorrow, too. I did agree to do the afternoon. (I'll make sure I have medication with me).

Thank you for reading. It is important to me that you are out there, supporting me. I'll write tomorrow. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    I am so happy to read how great you are doing.

    I am sorry that Frank's friend is so depressed. I will be praying for all of you. It breaks my heart to hear that good people have to go through such things.

    Prayers for all

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    It was good to see you on Tuesday at work; You look great. I thank God for how well you are surviving when I think how much worse symptoms could be. God is merciful. I thank him for your courage and resilience; your determination and positive attitude which he uses on your journey to recovery.
    Just caught up reading all your entries. I'm glad you had a good mothers' day and I will continue to pray for healing for Frank's friends. Glad you enjoyed the wedding, the humming birds, jogging and all of God's blessings. Love you, TM.

    ReplyDelete