Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday 5.29.2008

Radiation Treatment #25

This morning I got over to the radiation center, changed into the gown, and waited a few minutes in the waiting area. Paul, Fran, Millie, and Mr. Millie (Bruce) were there waiting their turns. I sat with Fran (and Elaine) at the puzzle table. We chit-chatted a few minutes before Ron called me back. I tried to look closely at the machine--today it was tilted into position with the accessory attached.

I got onto the table, and Lisa moved the table up into position, then she stopped to check. "Without the thing over top of me to line up with the tattoo, what are you lining me up with?" I asked. She said the green lights, and we use the scar for positioning. So I lifted my head to see where the lights were on my breast. Of course, Lisa told me I couldn't move. So I said I just wanted to see what it looked like. She said Ok, go ahead and look. So I did. And I really couldn't see much. There was the green laser light in some kind of grid pattern, but I couldn't tell you now what it looked like, especially in reference to the wound and nipple, etc. So, I put my head back down, she checked positioning again, and left the room. Click, zzzzzz, click, done. And that's it. The single zap seems twice as long as the previous treatments, and I suppose that would be because I get the whole 2 gray at once.

Lisa comes back in and lets the table down, assists me off of the table. See you tomorrow...

I change back into my clothes, and I'm on my way back home.

I change into work clothes, have a snack, get my things together, and head to Jackson. There is a committee meeting that started at 0900, but I'll get to participate some. Then I go out and finish my workday "on the floor." I found that when the tylenol and motrin wore off I was looking for more.

We have a good afternoon, with great co-workers. The night shift comes in, we leave. I get home just before Daniel does. He's been golfing, twice today. He's tired and happy.

We visit, I write here, and it's time for bed. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Kathy,,,#25 checked off your list of Tx. Way to go,,,almost complete.
    Enjoy the raindrops today,,,it always makes everything green again. I'm headed north to the cabin for a few days of R&R, bonfires and to become one with the river.lol.
    Hope to see you soon for a girls lunch. Rest easy,,
    Peace & Chocolate,

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete