Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday 5.4.2008

Weekend Done!

Whew, what a day! Two RN's and myself with 17 patients. The discharges trickled out throughout the day, which helped, but it was very busy overall. None of us had a morning break, and we finally sat down to lunch about 2:30pm. We had ordered from a local Mexican restaurant, Los Tres Amigos. By the time we got to eat, mine was kind of warm yet. Yummy none the less when you're hungry.

I clocked out late again with report overlap, call lights, pain meds, receiving new patients, snacks, and in general, patient care. I got on the highway and got home safely. Daniel had texted me that he was going golfing at 3:30--I didn't know if he would be home when I got there or not. He wasn't. I was putting my things away when he called saying he would be home in 20 minutes or so, and he was. We visited briefly, I got in the shower. I felt yucky.

That done, I dried and dressed. I noticed this morning while getting ready that there were several, if not lots, of short hair (like the new stuff growing on my head) on my shirt. Hm, I thought, What's that?? The more I looked at it, the more I think it's the new hairs. Also, throughout the day today, I brushed off my face cheeks several times through the day--I see the eyelashes and eyebrows have also thinned, too. Interesting. The good news is no more chemo.

I wore a sports bra today, 100% cotton, front close. It is 3 sizes too big, but the band feels just right. The problem is the compresson, which isn't much, but it is enough to bother my swollen left breast. I found it tender through the day, and this evening, too. I looked at the skin after my shower--definitely reddened under the breast. Of course, I've put the aloe vera gel on.

I'm really tired--I have to get up for radiation treatment in the morning, and I see the Physical Therapy/Lymphedema people tomorrow at 1:00. I am looking forward to that appointment, and hope they can shed light on the cord under my arm. It isn't quite as pronounced in the pit, (yes, I've been doing the exercises, thanks for the suggestion Diane) but can definitely see the delineation down my arm to the elbow. I hope they can help this frozen shoulder, too. We'll see.

I'm off to bed. Thanks for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment