Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday 5.10.2008

A Beautiful Wedding

I woke up this morning about 0730. Thought about listening to the radio for a bit, but the birds' songs were so nice I listened to them instead, and went back to sleep. I woke again at 0815--Daniel was not in the bed, (or in our bathroom) so I did turn on the radio, and listened to that. I dozed off and on, and got up about 9. Wonderful. Daniel said I slept well, that I was snoring this morning. Yep, sleepin' good.

I feel rested today. The breast is still a bit swollen and sore, we'll see how that goes as the day goes on. It's picture day--I photo'd myself, and they are posted on www.kathyjeanpics.blogspot.com. Careful, they're bare-chested photos, so if that's not something you want to see, don't go.

After posting the photofest, (I'd had breakfast before posing), I took myself out for a run. The sky was beautiful blue with a few white clouds, the sun was warm, and air about 60 degrees. It was garage sale weekend in the neighborhood, and lots of people were out. I jogged on by, not much hair and all. I was saying to myself, "Yes, look at me. I'm beating cancer. I'm exercising and taking care of myself, and getting well. And my hair is growing to prove it. I hope you're praying for me when you look at me funny." I was surprised at how many people were smoking cigarettes in their vehicles going from driveway to driveway, sale to sale. None-the-less, I made it all the way around today, and it was just a smidgen easier than the other day when I went out.

I got in, cooled off, and showered. I dressed to my slip, then had a bite to eat, as were were going to a wedding in Grand Blanc, my cousin's son. I slipped my dress over my head, painted my face, and pulled on a wig. !! It was the first time I'd worn one of them out in public. It felt a lot more comfortable with a little hair on my head and a wig liner, too. Daniel says Oh! That's different! But good! Ok, then, here we go...(I took a bandanna, too, just in case)

Allen Mortimer and Laura Himm were married in a beautiful ceremony witnessed by an almost full church. We celebrated that wedding at the Father Bush Center. It was beautifully decorated with linens, china, and crystal and candlelight, and yummy appetizers and buffet style dinner. Thank you, Himms and Mortimers, for taking care of your guests. Prayers and Congrats to the newlyweds as they travel their journeys...

Daniel and I danced a little, it was good. I got carried away, thinking my head was all that, and after a few turns, realized that it really isn't all that yet. I enjoyed being in my husband's arms anyway.

We left about 10, and got home about 1045 pm. We changed our clothes, and Daniel went to bed. I stayed up trying to get this written.

I had a good day, and enjoyed seeing and visiting with family members that I usually see only at Christmas (or at funerals). I hope to post a pic or two, maybe tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to all who have nurtured, female and male alike. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Aunt Kathy! When I was a single mom, you were one of my top role models. I wanted you to know that. The colors are flowing around you, giving you what you need, when you need it. Love you, Cari

    ReplyDelete