Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday 01.03.2013

Worked today--busy, had to call in help to open the other unit. Amazing how the census fluctuates...

I was feeling a little better the first half of the day, but the last half was not-so-good.  Tired, and a sore neck under the ears, lymph nodes and such, I think.

I don't know.  I'm tired of the ringing/hissing in my ears.

The nurse called from the doctor's office, saying that he ordered Augmentin, to start it as soon as possible, and wants to see me tomorrow afternoon. Ok.

That was about 0830.

10:00 I went to the pharmacy. "Really busy", and "it will be ready by noon". I went back upstairs.

12:45pm  2 customers being taken care of at the counter, with a line 6 deep. Ugh--can't wait. Went back upstairs, finished what I needed to do, and was able to go to a meeting.

5:30pm  2 customers being taken care of at the counter, with a line 4 deep. Back upstairs.

5:50pm  called pharmacy asking if it could be sent to me via the tube system. Nope. And they're closing from 7-9 pm.

6:15pm  2 customers being served at the counter, I am number 5 in line. Gentleman in front of me talks to me like he knows me. Hmm. Turns out it was a patient/new father that I took care of a week and a half ago. I didn't really remember him. Or them. That's awful of me.

6:40pm  medication in hand. Back to floor, and I take my first dose "as soon as possible",  10 hours later.

Tonight the hissing is still there, still loud.

Tomorrow is appointments.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment