Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday 08.16.2012

I had a pretty good day today.....

Slept pretty good, as far as my "interrupted" sleep goes, and felt rested when I was ready to get up, about 8 o'clock. I got up, started gathering things together to go to the JC, stretching the morning stiffness while doing so. And it was sunny and pleasant outdoors.

I had a nice run, came in and breakfasted, showered, took care of internet stuff, cleaned the kitchen, and it had clouded over. It was just trying to rain as I took things out to the car, but held off until I was actually on the road, about 1 pm.

A safe drive north, thank you God.

And with a couple of stops (it's amazing to me that just the extra 33 miles makes it such a longer trip) I arrived just after 5. Overcast, high 60's. Wet, like it had been raining most of the day.

I unloaded and unpacked. The pennants over the speedboat did the trick of keeping the seagulls off--either that or the rain washed off the large white blotches.

Supper was good, and I was surprised to hear the rain coming down really hard. All at once, and stopped just as quickly.

This evening is quiet and dry.

Tomorrow the girls arrive. I'm going to make a pot of soup, hoping to chase the chill away. And it will be easy on my mouth. The medication wore off and boy was I uncomfortable. Still sore, but better with the tylenol and motrin back on board. Ugh.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment