Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday 06.17.2012 Fathers Day

What a great few days!!

The last post was Thursday night.  Since then, I worked Friday, and it was a very busy day. After work, I finished getting my things together, and one of my friends picked me up and took me down to another co-worker's home in Hudson, MI.

That family is vacationing in Hilton Head, SC, and driving down--she offered me a ride one or both ways, as my Jeremy lives in Bluffton, SC, which is just inland of Hilton Head.  We left their home in a rented van at 11 pm.  She, her husband, and two teenagers, and myself.

We had an uneventful ride and arrived in Bluffton about 2 pm Saturday afternoon. (Yes, we drove straight through)  85 degrees and blue skies.... Beautiful.  Much thanks to the Kern family--I hope your week on the island is wonderful!!

My Jeremy and Jenny are awesome. She has a nice little belly (and getting bigger--she's due the first part of September). Friday evening we went over to The Island (Hilton Head) for a wonderful dinner at the Skull Creek Boathouse. I slept awesome-ly well Friday night, and Saturday we ate and talked and walked and enjoyed. 

Today, after breakfast, (it's a laid-back group here), we launched Jeremy's big boat at the launch on Hilton Head, and cruised to Beaufort. Docked there, walked a boardwalk, ate at Panini's, cruised back. 87 degrees on the water. A-mazing!!!  I do SO love the water...

Back at the house, we got the boat unloaded and Jeremy powerwashes the salt from it, hooks the hose to each of the 200 horse motors and cleans them out, as well as the trailer.  Then we grilled a most wonderful supper!!

We walked around the neighborhood and had a nice evening in air conditioned comfort.

Tomorrow they each have to work, and I have a work obligation, also, in the late afternoon. 

I'm here till Tuesday, and lovin' every minute of it.

Thank you God, for this life, and

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having a wonderful time! :) KS xoxo

    ReplyDelete