Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday 12.18.2011

I worked yesterday, but my wonderful co-workers (and the workload) made it possible for me to leave just after 5 pm so I could go to the "Sanders Christmas Sing--South". The roads were less than optimal, with a snow that had been falling most of the day, almost melting on the pavement; the overpasses were glazing over making my heart beat.

I made it safely to Holt, thank you God, and met Frank, who also had arranged for someone to cover his work hours, at the Park and Ride. He made it safely, too, thanks again.

We drove over to Grand Blanc. The roads improved about halfway there, and we arrived at the beautiful Mortimer residence safely. The remaining guests arrived and we got the party started.

And what a lovely party it was. We enjoyed the music, singing, family, and fellowship. This is what Christmas is all about for me. And for most, if not all, of the rest of my family.

We left somewhere around 11 pm and got back to Holt about midnight, the highway having been salted and much better driving. Frank continued on his way home and I got myself ready for work in the morning.

After maybe 3 hours of sleep, I got up and back on the road to Jackson, which was mostly dry. It seemed the car had barely cooled off...

We had another great workday, with great co-workers, and we were able to leave in a timely manner.

Dan was home when I got home. We had a quiet night.

Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow before he goes back.

I'm hoping to sleep tonight....

Thank you for reading. Fa la la la la.

No comments:

Post a Comment