Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday 11.30.2011 Snowy Day

I knew that the "storm" was happening when I went to bed last night. I had listened to the police scanner and heard that vehicles were sliding off the road into ditches, and getting stuck on the roadways as well, including the city buses ! and the police cars themselves. One call I heard was that a tow truck itself had gotten somewhere it couldn't get out of, and had to wait for another to pull it out. Wow!

It sure was snowing and blowing last night.

I woke to blue skies and sunshine glittering on the white snow. And lots of it.

We had 8-9 inches here. The roads in the complex didn't get plowed until about 7:30am, and that wasn't hand shoveling. I still shoveled directly in front of the garage door--I don't think the car could have gotten through it.

I went out late morning to do errands. Pharmacy, grocery, etc.

The sun was pleasantly warm, melting the salted roads, so they were pretty good. I took a side road back home--the roads were not as clear, and there had been branches down in the road, as well as larger limbs and even a couple of trees. The roads were passable, having already been cleared.

Back home, I've cleaned and tried to organize some stuff, gathering what's needed for the Singing Party on the 8th. Come on up!

Tomorrow is a workday for me.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment