Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday 09.18.2010

I saw daybreak over the water, and it looked like a front was moving in. It was mirror quiet, with a blue-gray sky. I woke again about 8, and yes, it did look like rain moving in. I heard rain, and was surprised that it was after 9. I laid there and listened to the squirrel in the trees and the loons on the lake. So beautiful.

After breakfast, Bob from next door came over, returning the board that we had used to move his dog, Gabby, yesterday. When I asked about her, he said that she had a real bad night, with lots more bleeding, and they took her to the vet this morning for her trip to heaven. So hard.

On a lighter note, the rain had stopped after a few hours, and it was trying to break up. Temps were mid 50's today.

I assembled the pub table and stools; that went real well. I like that they sit up higher and now I can see the lake when sitting out there.

One of my friends/co-workers had invited me to Whittemore Speedway--her man is an owner/driver, some kind of modified car. So I went down there and spent the evening at the races. It was kind of fun. Noisy, and there were lots of "incidents" where the cars spun out or went off the track around the corners, delaying each of the races. I finally left about 10:30, after their racing was done. The last race was still running, but I was getting tired and chilled.

Tomorrow I have to go home. Boo. My shoulders are a bit sore from moving all that stuff in the shed yesterday, and my wrist hasn't been to friendly when the motrin wears off.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment