Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday 02.10.2009

Slept ok, almost felt rested when the radio came on. Almost. (Another few hours might have been nice....) But I got up and headed out. The good thing is that the roads are clear of snow and ice. The bad thing is that the small animals are beginning to come out. And at 70/75 mph on a dark wet road on a dark morning, coming up on an already schmucked critter is yucky. The one this morning had it's parts in both lanes, and we know that we're not supposed to swerve. ("Hit the deer" is the mantra I repeat) And then the smell... Well, I won't go on. At least I'm not the original thunker of this particular creature.

I got into the parking lot and looked for the shuttle. Yup, there it is, just pulling out. I had several minutes that I could wait until I had to walk over. And just as I was getting ready to do so, there it was coming back around. Cool.

I had a pretty good workday with my patient assignment, but some others weren't so lucky. It was one of the not-so-nice days in labor and delivery and special care nursery, with a seemingly healthy baby on the monitor having to be resuscitated immediately after the birth. The baby was alive when it left the hospital for it's helicopter trip to Ann Arbor, but beyond that we'll only know as time goes on. Please say a prayer of strength to the family, and the baby itself, and a prayer of thanks for the wonderful staff who worked with them. Outcomes like that are difficult for us all; it sure is a reminder of humbleness.

An uneventful drive home and uneventful evening for me.

Daniel golfed 18 holes today, scoring at his high average. He said it was 76 degrees and he was pretty tired this evening. Everybody say Awwwww.

Tomorrow is low key for me. I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment