Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday 02.13.2009

Another day. Funny sleep, get up way too early, go to work. Great co-workers. I have to say that I like being a nurse, and I think I'm a good nurse, but what makes the J.O.B. better is the staff in our area. I Love my co-workers.

After an oddly busy day we finally got to clock out. Whew. 35 degrees tonight, and the roads were clear of precipitation and animals, intact and otherwise. (what happens to the smatterings of the creatures, anyway?)

Daniel called. He was having a good day, too. He soooo would like to buy a property there. And the housing market makes it soooo enticing..... We'll have to see what happens with that.

I have had some whopper hot flashes again. Today I had stopped to quickly chart at a wall computer when I felt the now-familiar aura of a hot flash coming on. Great. The aura, or sensation, got really strong; I felt like I was going to faint. "Well," I told myself, "you know that it's just a hot flash. Breathe. Keep breathing." And with the conscious breathing, the dark swirl eased up and I had a full blown perspirating thermal event. By the time I had the data entered the moisture had run down the middle of my back. (nice) Oh, Yeah. I'm happy to be alive and cancer free. Ok, God, thank you for giving me life. Can we regulate the thermostat please?

Tomorrow I have a lunch date with Frank and his new friend Amy. I've not met her yet.

And to all of you, Happy Valentine's Day. I love each and every one of you.

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. And a Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! It's a good day to remember how blessed our lives have been by the many, many great people that are in them. That list is topped by a few very special people; you are in that short list.

    Love to you and yours,

    Polly and Jim

    ReplyDelete