Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday 05.13.2016 Lucky Day!!

Another great day!

Sunshine and a little cooler after several hours of rain overnight.

Matilda and I made (scratch) pancakes this morning.  She does a great job whisking.

We played a little, took the dog for a walk, and went out for groceries.

Came home, "rested".   Got up and had a snack, played outdoors together, then I came in to start supper. To my surprise, she went back out and played in the sandbox by herself for quite a while.

Had supper, I cleaned the kitchen again, and we went outdoors again with the dog. M wasn't having anything to do with going for a walk. So she was a driveway away "fake" crying. Loudly. We would go a short distance, turn to look at her and wait to catch up. She'd go a few steps with us then stop and squall again. Pitiful. I didn't buy into it. Dog and I went to the end of the block and turned around. M was determined to get a response from me; I continued to be calm and ask her to use words. She finally started whining something, then settling down. By now we were 2 driveways from home.

Back inside, she lays on the sofa, covers up, speaks clearly, and tells me, "I need to take a rest from all that crying I did. I can talk big girl now."

Ohmygosh.  3 1/2 years old.

Bath and bed. Bedtime was nice tonight, snuggling and listening to relaxing music.

Shower for me, and bedtime.

Tomorrow is a trip to the library.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment