Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday 03.05.2016

Another great day!!

Everybody up and breakfasted, and left for Indianapolis around 0930. Matilda and I were on our own.

We had "two adventures", as Matilda later told the story.

First, we went to the Westerville Public Library.  Next to the parking lot was a construction site, where a guy was using a couple different kinds of earth moving equipment. And even though it was a little chilly, we watched for some time as he moved the heavy, slippery, wet earth around.

When we walked through the doors of the library, she said, "Oh, Wow!"  Several times.  I totally agreed. What a beautiful building, and what an awesome use of the space. Nooks with tables everywhere, more shelves of "materials" than I think I have ever seen.

We finally wandered into the children's area. She squealed, giggled, and ran right in. Yet another awesome space.

We stayed for a while, playing and looking around at things.

Adventure #2 was a trip to Kroger. There were 2 "kid carts"--smaller sized carts for little people to use. The basket was just low enough that I only had bend an inch or two to help her steer. She did pretty good, though still needed a lot of supervision.

We picked up our items, she carefully placed them in the cart, handed them to me and helped me scan, and we got back home.  Somewhere in the story, she tells that we got lost.  I don't know what she's referring to, but it's a good story.

At home, we had lunch, and a very late nap.

I put supper together while she was sleeping.

A snack, was finishing supper, and the parents came home.  They are now completely out of their other house. Whew!

I enjoyed my last night here. I'll be on the road sometime tomorrow. I've got my own move to choreograph...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment