Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday 03.11.2016

Another great day!

Surprised that I was called this morning. Stay home.  Ok--I was pretty tired.

Also surprised that I was called later in the morning to come in. And float.

It's always an inner challenge for me to work another unit. Health care has gotten so specialized, it's not generalized nursing any more. Yes, there are basic skills, but the nuances are important.  I was sent to the Emergency Department, as "helping hands".  

Now, I know that God has a plan, and I know that it's supposed to be good for me.  But this was waaaay out of my comfort zone.  I reached inside, found a better attitude, asked for guidance, and went.

After a while, I found where I was needed. I ended up spending the better part of 3 hours holding pressure on a wound (to stop bleeding), while the RN called doctors and did what RNs do. The nurse was very appreciative of my time, as was the patient and family.  I have to say, I enjoyed being able to be helpful to both. I believe I made a positive contribution to their care.

It was (finally) time to go. Thank you God for putting me where You needed me today.

I stopped over to the house and unloaded the van, then came home. Fixed and ate a quick supper, and went to sleep. I was so tired.

Tomorrow I have grocering, and will probably clean the last portion of the main floor. I still can't get into the garage to get that hosed out, and the extra appliances are still in the basement, so I can't get that hosed down, either. Maybe tomorrow...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment