Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday 02.24.2016

Another great day!

And what a snow storm!

The snow started about an hour or so before I went out for a run. Yes, I went out anyway. There was already an inch of snow on the ground. Temperature 31 degrees, large fluffy chunks coming down. At one point, the wind brought smaller, icy snow, then changed back to the softer stuff. I was covered by the time I got back in.

Breakfast, and a shower, and a call from the new landlady. We were to meet at 3 to give me a key, but her day care closed and she had to pick up her kids, so she left the key at the house for me. Better for me--I wasn't wanting to be out any later than necessary. I went over to the house, got the key, looked around and took some measurements, and went over to the hospital for the mamm appointment.

At the registration desk, she didn't find that I had an appointment. What!!!

She recommended that I call, and I did. The schedule on their end showed that the appointment was for last week.  Umm, I don't think so.  No reminder call, no missed appointment call?  Odd.  Anyway, there was a cancellation for Friday. That's now my appointment time.  *sigh*

Got home to about 8 inches of snow in the driveway.  I bundled up, fired up the snow blower, and 2 1/2 hours and 2 tanks of gas later, I was almost soaked through, there was another inch on the driveway, the plow hadn't been by yet, and it was the heaviest snow I think I've ever tried to move. The machine did a good job, though I couldn't "cut" a full 24" swath. Sometimes it would get bogged down with even an eight inch swath. I was happy to call it done. Then I used the shovel to get what the machine couldn't. Another bit to get the snow cleaned out of the machine to put it away. And it's still snowing.

I fixed a yummy supper, ate, had a nice phone call, and a quiet night.

Tomorrow I'll have to clear the driveway again, and I need to go to the hospital for the annual tb testing. Maybe the new landlord will have the driveway there cleared and I can get started wiping off drywall dust.

Thank you for reading Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment