Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday 02.03.2016

Another great day!

When I woke, I saw that the temperature this morning was 45°, and the sun poked out, too.

The wind was a bit cold, but overall it was pretty nice out.

Breakfast, shower, and ready to go to for the echocardiogram appointment.

Got checked in, and was surprised at how anxious I was feeling. And when the technician, Amelia, called me for my turn, I found that I had to think about the questions she was asking. I was able to answer, but felt a little "dim-witted?"  Not good.  Just breathe.

She was very nice, and adept at what she was doing. I was able to watch the screen as the images and sounds of my heart and blood appeared. Technology is so cool. She also showed me a 3D image of my heart. Just. Wow. Amelia said my images were "good", and that the doctor would receive a report from the cardiologist, who would read this test today. She also said that "we like the heart wall measurement to be less than 1.0, and yours measures 0.6 and 0.7".  That sounds ok to me, though I'm not a cardiologist....

The whole process, check-in to walking out, was 40 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised.

I did a couple of errands while I was out. The wind had really picked up, and was really feeling cold.

Back at home, I fixed supper and ate, cleaned the kitchen, had a couple of phone calls, and a quiet evening.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment