Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday 01.12.2016

Another great day!!

Busy. Again.

Yesterday was a whopper kind of day--this morning, as I clocked in, I felt anxious/anxiety. I do believe it's the first time in 32 years I've ever felt that kind of anxiety about work. Another girl had "stress hangover" too. We decided that we needed to debrief, and tried to take a little time during the morning to re-acclimate. Yikes.  Big breath. The other girl in our job role had a lot of tasks to do, and my own list was enough for me. It was decided to call for help; someone came in and ended up staying for most of the rest of the day. It was great having the third person, and it gave us a chance to even have lunch before 2 pm. Bonus!

We were going along fine, taking care of our patients. We had an afternoon lull for about and hour and a half, then Boom! back into the frenzy of doctors and admissions and discharges and ... ohmygosh ... the next shift is here?!??

I clocked out late, again, though not as late as last night.

The snow is absolutely beautiful.

The snow plow hasn't been through our neighborhood yet, and I was surprised to see a big drift at the end of my driveway as I approached. Hm. Can I drive through it??  Maybe if I back up, change the angle of the approach, go off to the side just a bit, keep the speed just so...I made it. Up the driveway and into the garage.

I contemplated shoveling tonight. I cleared the path to the back door, the steps and the porch. About 5 or 6 inches in the driveway, not including the drifts.

Not shoveling any more tonight.  I'll use the blower tomorrow.

I looked at the President give his last State of the Union address, more for historic value than personal interest. It was hard to pay attention the last 20 minutes or so.

Tomorrow I'll go out and clear the driveway. The plow will probably come by, too. Maybe the timing will be good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment