Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday 01.14.2016

Delightful.

Woke up with sinus pressure and a nose dripping clear fluid. Both annoyances have continued all day.

I enjoyed a home-cooked oatmeal (not the pre-packaged, instant, flavored stuff) at breakfast, hoping the warmth would help the sinus discomfort.

Mid-morning I found myself trying to stay awake. So I laid on the couch and had a short snooze.

The sun was winning the battle for the sky and the temperature was above freezing. I went out to clear the almost one inch of snow that came down after I had finished clearing yesterday. It was very pretty outside, with barely a breeze, blue sky, and birdsong. It didn't take long to shovel the driveway, and I found myself not wanting to go in. So I brought a lawn chair out and sat in the sun, watching the birds at the suet feeder. Very relaxing. Surprised to see bluebirds?  I thought they migrated....

Back inside I drank more water and had another vitamin C. Gotta kick whatever bug this is.  And a hot shower.  Comforting.

Putzed around the house, dehydrating through the nose.

Fixed supper and ate, and had a quiet night.

Tomorrow is the annual physical.  Guess it's a good time to be sick.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment