Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday 11.21.2015

What a snowstorm!!

31-33 degrees, large wet chunky flakes fell in heavy squalls throughout the day.  The snow hadn't stopped, but I went out and got the snowblower running about 3 o'clock.

The path that I shoveled from the back door of the house to the garage was about 5-6 inches of heavy snow. There was no way I would be able to manually clear the driveway.  The 'blower fired up like it should, and I spent the next almost 2 hours moving snow.

The middle of the driveway was a bit deeper; I had to go slower and take smaller sections. This machine has a 24 inch wide path with a two-stage auger/impeller. I was thinking that I might have done this a couple of hours sooner....

I also cleared the "Y" shape at the bottom and into the road a little.  There were ruts where the pick up trucks have gone by (and not very many) at least 8 inches deep.  I don't think my car would have gotten into the road. As of this evening, the snowplow hadn't come yet.

When the first bulk of the snow was removed, I went up and down again, clearing another inch +  that had fallen. After getting the machine swept off and cleared out of snow as much as I could, and put away, I shoveled another couple inches from the initial path from the garage to the house. Wow.

I shook off and brushed off the snow from my hood and shoulders/back and went inside.  My coat was pretty wet, snowpants wet on the bottom half, and I was glad to have them both.

Fixed supper and ate, and had a quiet evening with a lovely phone conversation.

Tomorrow I'll go out and snow blow again.  It's predicted to be 50 degrees and rain by Thursday, so the snow should be gone, but I need to get out of my driveway Monday morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment