Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday 08.14.2015

Another amazing day at the lake!

Started with a run this morning. Felt like the humidity could bring afternoon storms.

It was quiet though, with beautiful blue skies and calmer breezes.  Almost too warm.

Gray clouds shouldered their way into the sky and rumbled thunder this afternoon. I think we heard thunder for more than an hour before the wind started.

I sat outside, enjoying the breeze, with an eye on the sky. And then the wind was from a complete opposite direction.

The lake was more than white caps. All at once. It had rolling waves. It blew hard--I walked around outdoors checking to see that all was secure, picking up a couple things here and there.  When I got back inside and looked out, (it still wasn't raining yet), I saw the neighbor's boat cover lift off, wrap around a pole of the lift, and land in the lake.  Now, if that were my boat cover, I would hope someone would fetch it.

I put on my lake shoes, put my hair back in a clip to keep out of my face, and fought the wind.  The cover was still attached to the boat by a knotted line. I pulled the cover back into the boat, rolled it up, and secured it best I could. I'd be ok with it if it were mine....then I came in and phoned the owner, leaving a message. Whew--that wind is something!

It wasn't long after that the rain started. It poured for a while, and rained for a few hours, complete with the rumbles of thunder.

Jim, Polly, and I visited for a bit, the rain stopped, and we called it a night.

Tomorrow they'll be leaving. It will be me and the "week-enders" here at the lake.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete