Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday 07.04.2015

What a great day today!

Yesterday, Friday, I worked. It was busy, and we had a great team that kept sailing smooth in spite of threatening storms.  Jeremy and Matilda got into Jackson about 3pm were able to get unpacked and settled in before I got home. Matilda was giggly and excited when I finally got home, nearly 8pm. We shrieked and laughed together before settling her into bed. And Jeremy and I were up a couple of hours after that.

She had a rough night, not sleeping well, and Jeremy is a great parent to her. She was happier again this morning.

After a yummy breakfast, we gathered chairs and stroller and sunscreen and snacks and went to Grass Lake for their parade.  Matilda wasn't keen on the "booms" and the loud horns of the semis and the sirens on the fire trucks.  She did enjoy the horses, both the large and the miniatures.

Jeremy left just before nap time for his event; he'll be back tomorrow. Matilda was fatigued and went right to sleep, for three hours. When she woke, I asked her to help me make our supper, which she did, and we ate then cleaned up the kitchen.

Out for a long walk, she chattered the whole time, mostly about the "booms" and the horses in the parade.  I sure enjoy listening to her.

We had a nice evening. As the neighborhood was becoming noisy with the assorted variety of fireworks, I laid down with her at bedtime. She reached over and touched me, then snuggled a little closer, and finally went to sleep.  Sure do love that little girl.

Tomorrow we've got cooking to do. And dad will be back, and they'll be going on home.

Yep. Love 'em while you got 'em.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment