Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday 04.10.2015

Worked today.

My turn, again, (already???) to float.

So I went and spent 8 hours with an elderly gentleman who was very talkative in an off-the-wall sort of way.  After his morning nap, we got along pretty good.

In the afternoon he got a little restless; started rocking and humming. And almost howling in his "singing" voice, which wasn't too bad.  I started humming with him, and to my surprise, he harmonized. Looked at me and smiled. I closed the door and asked him if he wanted to sing.  "Well, yes," he said.

We sang I've Been Working on the Railroad, a tune he recognized but couldn't put all the pieces together. Then we sang She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain".  He got to rockin' with that one, and knew the verses. He laughed when we "killed the old red rooster", and giggled and licked his lips when we "all had chicken and dumplin's".  He cracked me up.

Must have tuckered him out, because it wasn't too much longer after that that he said he was cold. He had been sitting on the end of his bed; I pulled the covers around him like a shawl.  His eyes got heavy as he warmed up, and he took my suggestion to get up onto the bed and lay down.  He was asleep before I got the covers straightened around.

Back to my home unit to finish the shift.

God gives us gifts. What we do with them is our gift to God.


Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment