Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday 03.15.2015

Another Glorious Day!

A text shortly after I got up this morning--"M wants to see you on the phone"

I texted back--give me a minute...

I turned on the computer and got my morning 20 ounces of water.

Skype calling....

And Matilda giggling.

The. Best.


After our "visit", I finished getting ready, and headed up to Montrose.

Aunt Lois was kind of punky, complaining of a headache, and just kind of looking down. I told her I had brought food, and Diane added we were going to have a "picnic".

Lois brightened at that.  Staff came in to Hoyer Lift (a sling on a machine that helps move people) her into her wheelchair. Her leg is still quite painful when moved or bumped. But we went out into the dining room, found a table in an empty alcove by large windows, and had our supper.  Diane said Lois hadn't eaten much since last Sunday (she fell on Monday, had surgery on Tuesday, etc) but she had 3 servings--small ones--of the tuna salad, a 4 ounce ice cream cup with a little bit of baked apple stuff, and about 4 ounces of milk.  She looked better after eating, and said she felt better, too.  Amazing what a little food will do....

Back in the room, she was Hoyer Lifted back into bed. Diane and I left to our respective homes.

I had a good drive, thank you God.

Tomorrow is a work day.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment