Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday 12.12.2014

What a great day!!

Made a pot of soup for Jenny to take, along with the cookies I made last night. She and Matilda rolled in around 2 o'clock.

Of course Lola the dog was happy to see me. She always needs the first few minutes of attention so she'll settle down. Jenny was happy to be here, and Matilda was smiling and shy for a short while. We unpacked the car of Matilda's things, got the car seat out of J's vehicle, and I couldn't get it into mine without adjusting the straps, and I was having a hard time out in the cold garage, so I took it in the house.

Matilda was all about her car seat; she knows that where her seat is, she is. I was able to get the straps adjusted, and we all went out to put it in Grandma's car. (It was in there in May--it's officially a "Grandma Car")  Matilda had to get in the drivers' seat, said "let's go", and all was well.  What a hoot.

Jenny set up the pack and play ("that's my bed Momma") and a little while later she put Matilda down for a nap. And that was it--she went to sleep.

Jenny got on her way a short while later.

I fixed our dinner while M was sleeping.

After she got up, she looked around for Mom, then Lola, and said "momma go bye bye and I stay here" as a matter of fact. Yes, I said, ok??  Ok, she said, and smiled.  Oh, melt my heart.

We had supper, cleaned up the kitchen, and went out to the library, which closed. So we went in to Meijer to pass some time.  She didn't want to ride in a cart, so she walked. I had to tell her the rules, and she did pretty good.  Fun to watch her looking at everything--what caught her eye, what she said.  I think maybe that was more entertaining for me??

Back at home we looked at the neighbors' Christmas lights before going in and watching "Frozen" snippets on YouTube. Got ready for bed and went to sleep no problem.

Tomorrow we'll go the library again, and I've got a gingerbread house kit to put together. Anybody want to join us??

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment