Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday 08.05.2014

It was my turn to "float" today.

Now, I don't like to float, which is going to another unit to work. But the last few times I've had to go "out",  it has really been God's gift to me.

I was kind of eager to go when I was told it was "my turn".

And  today was another gift.

I "sat" with a man who had had a rough night, as well as a rough patch later this morning. His behaviours were new and different for him, according to his family, and he was transferred to another unit. I went with him. When his family came in later in the day, it was determined that I wouldn't be needed as long as the family was staying, so I went back to my own unit and finished the rest of the day at the other end of the life spectrum.

It's always an eye opener for me when I see people with these types of changes, reminding me of  the fragility of each moment.

After work I stopped for groceries.

Boy am I tired tonight.

Please pray for those with life-threatening breathing difficulties, their families, their caregivers.

Special prayer request for surgical patients; to calm their fears, to calm the post-op discomfort.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment