Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday 07.22.2014

Another Great Day!!

0800--the sound of  pick up trucks, more than one (three, actually), very near by.

Truck doors opening/closing, male voices.   Hmm.  Better look.

Oh!  It's the Roofing Crew!!

I see they've backed the trailer and truck alongside the cottage as Tom had directed me to direct them; I don't see a dumpster yet. Guess I'd better get dressed and get out there.

They are already busy unloading tools, materials, etc.. I introduce myself, and ask if a dumpster is coming. Nope, they'll load all debris into this here trailer.   Ok.  And by the time that conversation was over, there were already tarps on the ground around the perimeter of the cottage, and a couple guys on the roof popping up the old shingles!!

It was a hot day, and the crew of 5 moved right along. By 3 pm the job was done, picked up, cleaned up, packed up, and they headed out.  Wow!

I had a phone meeting this morning from 9-11, and their "activity" altered the logistics of "where can I go that I can hear, and that there's not much background noise?"  I tried a couple different areas, and ended up sitting in the van for an hour and a half or so, and then the sun moved around. Couldn't stay there....

Found a shaded spot a couple doors down on their porch; (they weren't around) and finished the meeting. I finally had breakfast (had intended to do that shortly after the meeting started but couldn't) and went into town for a few groceries.

It sure was hot in town.

And it was hot back at the lake.

I walked around the job as they were finishing up, asked a couple questions, the Boss saw what I did, and got it corrected.  (go me!)

Not much after they left did J & P arrive.  It was good to see them.

We visited a bit before they went out to celebrate their 47th wedding anniversary.  Yikes!  Congrats!!!

I had my supper and enjoyed the quiet.

The evening is trying to blow in a storm.  We'll see what happens.

Tomorrow I've been invited to go with J&P to A. Donna's for the afternoon. Might be a nice trip.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment