Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday 06.11.2014

A light rain started about 0600.  Then it stopped and the trees dripped. And it showered again. Off and on all morning. Kind of soothing, the gentle drops on the trailer. Kind of cool, at 55 degrees.

I did what I needed to do in the morning, cleaning and finally leaving sometime around 1pm. The drizzle was almost letting up when I got to the care home to visit U. Carl.

He had just been moved into his room, and I put my hand on his shoulder and said hello. He looked at me, trying to place me, and I told him it was Kathy Jean-o, his name for me.  He grinned and said, "Oh, Yeah??" Yeah, I said, and kept talking. After several minutes, he started talking, too, and seemed kind of  "with it".  It was a short visit, as I was going back down state.

A safe drive, with intermittent rain showers, dry pavement, and a couple of downright downpours that slowed traffic and caused those water channels on the road that catch your tires. Fortunately we would drive on through them, and the pavement would be hardly wet, then dry.  Amazing how that works!

The worst of the rain was Flint and Lansing, and I was happy to get to clearer weather south of Lansing, and even happier to pull into the driveway. Whew, weather can make a girl tired....

Unloaded, unpacked, and supper consumed.

Ready for work tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment