Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday 06.09.2014

So I was thinking about writing tonight's post, and wondered if I had written last night. Realized I didn't.  Whew, I was tired.

Worked Sunday; was busy, and after all the discharges left and we staffed down, it was one other nurse and myself and 5 patients. So amazing how the census fluctuates.

After getting home from work, I did a little food prep for the next couple of days at the lake. And Frank came over about 8:30 to give me a ride back from dropping the van at the body shop. I offered him food, and he left about 10. I went to bed.

This morning, it was almost 9 o'clock when I woke. (mind you, I don't sleep straight through, waking many times during the night)  I put fresh water in the bird bath, and it wasn't long before they were lined up again, taking turns. They splashed out so much water that I took out another pitcher full!! I cleaned and refilled the hummingbird feeder, too.

Loaded the car, and finally on the road about 1 pm.

It was a beautiful day for a drive, and I stopped in to see "The Ladies" at A. Donna's place. They seem to be doing well. A. Lois looked good, and looked happy. Donna was kind of quiet, and seemed happy to see me.  I enjoyed a short visit with them.

I got to The Lake about 6. Oh, so nice.  A bit breezy--enough to keep the pesky mosquitoes away.

I swept out the trailer before unloading the car, and all seems well here. I enjoyed my supper while sitting on the swing,  and I saw the eagle fly over.  A little while later, a pair of blue herons flew by. And ducks, and I heard the geese honking over on the point, next to the property formerly known as the JC.

A quiet evening.

Hope to sleep well tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment