Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday 05.15.2014

Another great day!!

Matilda and I went to a different library branch for another story time. Today's story time was attended by about 20 children, most of them between 1 and 2 years of age, and their adults. Ohmygoodness, they were all so cute, so busy, and giggly. This group reads and sings, and the three selections were ones Matilda was familiar with. They had a large "parachute", lots of toys, and a bubble machine. It was the best of the three story times this week.

Our day translated into a gloomy, rainy off and on, not much of a nap kind of day, which made it challenging for me to keep her on the happier side of life.  We put our bathing suits on and spent a lot of time in the large soaker tub in the master bathroom.  Ha!!  We had a blast!  Reinforcing the kicking we had done in the pool earlier in the week, and her getting more comfortable in deeper water.  And it was helpful for me to be off my foot after keeping up with her all day.

My foot/ankle is better. The swelling is improving, I was able to ice it this afternoon (while she sat with me and we looked at little people youtube videos), and the bruising is casting that awful greenish-yellow hue. I left the wrap off during the night, wrapped it for the day, off while in the tub, and wrapped again tonight. I'm considering taking the dog on the walk tomorrow. Poor girl, nobody came to walk her between rain showers this evening.

I've only got a few more days here, then I've got to head back north. I hope to leave this humidity behind. The air conditioner runs like a furnace in a Michigan winter.

Tomorrow's adventure--grocery store. Wa Hoo!!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment