Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday 05.11.2014 Celebrate Moms

We had a great day today!

After a morning with Jeremy, Jenny, and Matilda, Jenny put Matilda down for a nap. And they left about 11:000 on their bike trip.

When Matilda woke, we had a light lunch before getting covered in sunscreen and going up to the community pool. I let her get in at her own pace; she sat on the edge on the steps, kicked and splashed, and finally got to sit on the first step in a couple inches of water. She finally came into my arms and we swished around in the water. Giggling, squealing, loving it. I dunked her a couple of times, and she was mostly ok with it.  We got cooled off after a bit (the air temp was high 80's) and she got out. She took my hand and walked the perimeter of the pool--looking at each person there in their lounge chairs, sometimes stopping and saying hi.  Almost everyone smiled at her and spoke--it was such a hoot to watch her "work it" as one of the guests had said.

We got back in for a few minutes, and she was done.

Back home, we had a snack, and she was ready for another nap.  She ended up sleeping almost 3 hours!!

I caught up on kitchen chores, got supper prepared to cook, closed my eyes myself for a few minutes while my foot was elevated.

Supper went well. After supper they take the dog around the circle for the evening walk, so I did.  Not thinking about my foot.  It's the most I've walked on it since the injury Wednesday night.  I was slow, but I made it.Then we had to water the garden and the plantings he's done.

We read books and looked at kid stuff on youtube, and she went to bed without difficulty about 9:30 (different than her 8 o'clock routine). Maybe she'll sleep past 6...

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to the library for Wee Read Storytime.

So far, so good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment