Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday 05.17.2014

Poor Matilda hasn't been sleeping well since the 'rents came back. And we 3 adults are thinking it may be her teeth.  Chewing on her fingers again, pulling her ears.  Wailing.

Tonight she woke after sleeping after an hour or so. I went in to tend her--she was standing in the crib, crying, slack-jawed, with that pitiful look on her face. I picked her up, and she tried to settle, but to no avail. I asked Jeremy if she could have some ibuprofen, and he brought it to her. And she preferred to rock with her daddy.  40 minutes or so later, she's sleeping.  Those 2 year molars are rough coming in.

We did have a good day today. We went to a small petting zoo/horse stable on Hilton Head--Lawton Stables, I think it was.  Just right for little people.  She had a blast with the one deer that followed her around, and the chicken that had feathery lower legs and feet like Foghorn Leghorn, the cartoon character.  The cow moo'd, the chicken clucked, the sheep baa'd, the goats bleated, and the horses neighed.  As she heard the noises, she'd repeat the sounds. She's pretty smart!!

From there, we washed up, and found an ice cream shop. At first she didn't want anything to do with it. Then she took a small taste from Daddy's ice cream. She was all about it then. For a few minutes....

We got home and fixed supper and ate, and this evening I was able to ice my ankle again. It felt pretty good walking on it today. I think it's healing as it should. Thank you God.

I am strongly considering leaving tomorrow, to let the family have the rest of their day to themselves, before the work week starts. I'm sure going to miss them.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment