Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday 05.19.2014 Home...

I didn't write last night--I ended up leaving Jeremy, Jenny, Matilda, and Lola the dog about 2:15 pm Sunday afternoon.  Matilda had a bit of a temperature in the morning that came down some with the ibuprofen. She's still chewing on her fingers and kind of whiny. I thought it would be best if I left, and left the family to their afternoon together, before the beginning of the weekday routines.

We said our good-byes in the driveway. I was in the car with the door open and Matilda reached for me. Jeremy handed her over; I told her I was going "home",  and that her car seat was in Mommy's car now. She moved to look back there--and looked back at me, stricken. She hugged me and looked at me. We talked for a few minutes and I told her good bye, that I'd see her on the computer, and Jeremy took her back. I closed the car door, buckled the seat belt, and backed out of the driveway. As the realization crossed her face, she had a very sad face and cried. *sigh*   I waved and blew kisses and went on my way.

Sure, it was hard to leave. It was a busy week with her. And I loved every moment of it. I'm so thankful to have had that opportunity.

I drove about 9 hours yesterday, stopping in Mineral Wells, WV about 11:30pm. Getting checked in and settled in the hotel room, I ended up not writing.

This morning I had breakfast at the hotel, and by the time I got all situated in the car again, I was on the road about 11am.

A beautiful blue sky day, and a 5 hour drive that took 6, what with cities and a car crash being cleared on the highway. I made it home safely, thank you God, and am unloaded, unpacked, iced on the ankle, and developing a sore, reddened throat.  Ugh.  I hoped I wouldn't get sick, being around children like I have been--storytime times three, and a 20 month old full time.  Let's hope it's short-lived.

Tomorrow is a meeting late morning.

I came home to the lilacs in full bloom and the warm fragrance wafting in through the windows. Ahh, Spring.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment