Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday 04.08.2014

What a great day today!!

Overcast this morning, but cleared out and turned into a beautiful blue sky day.  For a few hours.

Evelyn insisted on fixing breakfast for us, and wouldn't let me help. We visited for a while, and the now sunny sky beckoned me outdoors.

I first saw the neighbor across the street, and went over to visit her. So nice.

Walked around the "corner"--the end of the road then lakeside around to the former JC. Lots of ice still on the lake, with the edges starting to melt. Most areas that I saw were frozen still along the seawalls, but the melting areas were where there was no seawall. The ice looks quite thick. I went on down to the GC, enjoying the sunshine and light breeze. It felt good and smelled good.

I came across a guy cutting down trees, loading wood, and also talked with another neighbor.

By the time I got back to E & B's, it was 2:30. I loaded up and left.

Uncle Carl was in the bed again, sleeping. I was just going to leave when he opened his eyes. I said hello, it's Kathy Jean-O, and he smiled and talked with me, saying he was having a better day today. I didn't stay long.

I had brought a snack to eat on the way home, and I got that out when I got back to the car. Since it was so nice out, I sat there and ate.

A safe drive to the MediLodge.  Aunt Lois was in the dining room for supper. She looked good, and wanted to show me her "new" room. She was able to wheel herself down the hall, and is anticipating going home on Thursday. Yay!!!

Since Diane was at the house, I went there to say Hi to her, too. It was a nice break.

A rain shower came up just as I was going to leave, so I stayed another few minutes until it passed. Just a couple miles away, the pavement was dry. Ha!!  Isn't it strange when you come across that??

A safe drive the rest of the way home.

And I arrived about 9:20.

Unloaded, unpacked, fixed a snack and ate, got foods ready for lunch tomorrow, and ready for bed.

Sure was a nice couple days.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment