Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday 03.20.2014

Another Great Day!!

My turn to "float" -- to pediatrics.

Considered part of our department, though not "my" unit. Just part of our "family".

I really prefer to NOT work there.  You know, sick kids and all.  Seems I get sick around sick kids. Fortunately for me, the three little ones that were there had been on antibiotics for a few days so they were not "catchy" any more. And we had students who were assigned to them. So I was in my comfort zone with an "older" person--a 23 year old with female trouble. (We've been having lots of babies the last couple of days and needed our rooms for the new families.Pediatrics is often where we place our female patients when our beds get tight.)

So I get acclimated and figure out how to do what needs to be done, and am doing it.

About noon, I get called that I need to go back to my own unit to help, and another person from our department is going to take over for me, because she doesn't have the skills to do the new baby testing that needs to be done.

Ooookaaay.

I was busy the rest of the day.  Hearing tests, mostly, but answering call lights, passing pain medicine, doing vital signs. I sat down briefly to document what I had done, then was back down the hall to do something else.

Tonight I'm a little tired, but mostly my feet are tired.  Might be time for new shoes, or at least new inserts.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to work again.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment